Old 25-08-2008, 02:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Tony Raven[_2_] Tony Raven[_2_] is offline

Default Lifting lillies in a big pond

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 06:47:40 EDT, Tony Raven
wrote:

Draining is out of the question so its doing it in the water depth that
is there.

That sounds like you might wish to hire someone to do it, which is OK
with me, but I will suggest that I would use a back pack with some
weight, if you don't have a diving belt. It makes keeping your upper
body under the water much easier, even at such shallow depths it still
is deeper than my arm is long.

I read that as diving bell the first time round ;-) If I hire someone
how will they do it? I wondered about trying to get a rope round the
roots and then pulling them out with a tractor. Or is there an easier
way without digging them up to remove some of the vigour e.g. pruning
out all the leaves in the central crown and leaving just the floating
leaves?

--
Tony

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them"
- Friedrich Nietzsche