Old 25-08-2008, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default Lifting lillies in a big pond

Tony Raven wrote:
If I hire someone
how will they do it? I wondered about trying to get a rope round the
roots and then pulling them out with a tractor. Or is there an easier
way without digging them up to remove some of the vigour e.g. pruning
out all the leaves in the central crown and leaving just the floating
leaves?

Almost every rural or even urban area that I have lived in has a County
Cooperative type thing where they answer farming and garden questions
almost always for free. Look up a local feed store and ask them how to
contact yours.

Chip