Old 25-08-2008, 05:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Wayne Boatwright Wayne Boatwright is offline

Default Black Ant Problem

We live in the Arizona desert near Phoenix and have a significant problem
with large black ants in the yard. We have had exterminators (costly), but
they were only successful for a period of time before the ants returned.

I had read somewhere that one could make a solution of water, sugar, and
borax (boric acid?), which was an effective poison for ants. The problem is
that I don't know the proportions that should be used.

Can anyone here help with this? Are there other homemade options that I
don't know about? We're trying to steer clear of commercial products, and
also stay as "green" as possible.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright