Old 25-08-2008, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Perfect Gift?

On 25/8/08 19:24, in article , "carrie26"
wrote:

Hi, Im new to this site and know very little about gardnening, however I
am going to be meeting my partners mother for the first time soon and
she is a keen gardnener and I would like to take her a rare plant as a
gift and also learn a bit about gardnening so it might be something we
can bond over and do together. So what I'm asking is... Does anyone
know what kind of rare plant i could get for her and will anyone be
able to give me any knowledge on gardnening? please?

Until you know a bit more about her and her garden, I'd steer away from rare
plants myself. Some people are seen as keen gardeners but restrict
themselves happily to Bizzy Lizzies and bedding plants while others go in
for really pushing the boundaries with super tender stuff. Until you know
which she is, for now, I'd take her a pretty, glazed, frost-resistant pot,
planted up with e.g. winter flowering pansies. She can tuck those into the
right place in her garden or put them outside her door to see every time she
goes in and out.
Asking her questions about gardening and how to do it will create a fast
bond, believe me!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com