Old 25-08-2008, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Turner[_2_] Steve Turner[_2_] is offline

Default Eucalyptus question (again)

About 5 weeks ago I asked a question about my eucalyptus trees that seemed
to be dying. Well they have recovered and had a bit of a growth spurt. They
had been pot bound and I didn't plant them myself and we didn't know about
untangling the roots. I had read that you shouldn't stake them but having
read a previous post am wondering if I should have. They seem to be OK in
the wind that whips round.

I have no intention of letting them grow too big because I know they might
topple.

But I'm wondering if they are getting top heavy. The smaller one especially
is bowing over. Should I trim it to lighten the load? Stake it? The larger
one looks like it might go the same way. They are both leaning to the south
as if seeking the sun.

Photo at http://www.ilmiogiardino.co.uk/home/Eucs.jpg

Any help gratefully appreciated.

--