Old 25-08-2008, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Containers for storing apples

On 25/8/08 18:53, in article , "Christina
Websell" wrote:

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Please could you recommend suitable containers for storing apples.

I suppose some kind of stacking baskets would do the trick.

Any recommendations as to what to use and where to get them?
--

Go to your local large supermarket like Tesco or Asda and beg for the
polystyrene trays that apples come in, they keep them apart so they cannot

My outlaws had a special apple chest of drawers in one of the sheds. It had
little compartments for each apple to sit in, not touching each other. The
latter is very important. If the OP can get hold of some old chest of
drawers, keep it somewhere cool and dry and rig up a similar interior, that
will do the trick. I wonder if those polystyrene trays would keep the fruit
too warm or would absorb damp? 'Someone' makes sock dividers for people who
are really worried about muddling up their socks when they dress in the
morning. I suppose something like that would work for fruit, too!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com