Old 25-08-2008, 05:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Tony Raven[_2_] Tony Raven[_2_] is offline

Default Lifting lillies in a big pond

In article ,
says...

I think you are very fortunate and I would simply add lotus to the
pond and in a few years it will cover the lilies and you could have
something like this:
http://www.koiphen.com/forums/showth...ighlight=lotus

I only had one plant per pot, but you could have a 100' diameter pond
of these beauties.

Thanks for the suggestions Hal, I think I might try cutting back the
leaves and make them exhaust their soil a bit quicker growing new ones.
They are not invasive, they just don't look as good as when all the pads
are floating on the water.

As for the lotus suggestion I am trying to create something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/6mnkkj

not like this:
http://tinyurl.com/6lgglu

So I'll pass on that suggestion ;-)

--
Tony

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
- John Peel