Old 26-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Perry View Post
Anyone have suggestions on the best way to store pollen and keep it viable.
I have two plants of the same genus, however, as they originate from opposite sides of the globe they bloom months apart. I would like to try to cross these plants, so I will need to store pollen from one until the other blooms.
Continued;-

Anybody out there ???

Pollen is from Eriobotrya japonica, I'm thinking along these lines,

Pollen in small plastic container, or a test tube, cotton wool bung. Inside a
larger container, moisture absorbing granules between the two ( the sort you sometimes get in packaging ). Larger container has airtight lid, and the whole stored in the deep freeze.

But will it work ? So many experts, so few answers!