Old 26-08-2008, 09:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jon[_7_] Jon[_7_] is offline

Default Zuchinni; variety to grow in Sydney

FarmI wrote:
"terryc" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:47:34 +0000, len gardener wrote:

and for years now it has always produced well(without the need to hand
pollinate) untill last year,

I think we have a cucurbit pollination problem in total. None seem to
self pollinate.

Then David could very well be right. Perhaps you don't have enough bees.

Were you sure of the sex of the flowers you picked for the pollination?

Get lots of lavender, and pollination problems seem to end.
Cucumbers need plenty of water, so put them at the lowest end of the
garden and soak them well. My Cukes last year kept on coming