Old 26-08-2008, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
readandpost readandpost is offline

Default i am so tired...................

On Aug 25, 7:55*pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
"readandpost" wrote in message

..............................of pulling weeds.
i even hired my sister by the hour to pull them. (close to $500. later
more weeds are growing.)
we have several berms with new trees and some perennial gardens.
the weeds are everywhere!

i spent quite sometime using ROUND UP but i think this late in the
season it isn't working very well.

You can go with scratching in a pre-emergent weed-seed killer. These
products prevent weeds from germinating. Or you can spray Round-Up as soon
as you see seedlings. *Or you can use an weedgard cloth and cover it with a
nice mulch. It'll smother all seeds that germinate and lasts for years. A
few weeds may still appear from windblown sources. Get the kind rain passes
through, don't use solid plastic.

we have a couple inches of mulch on each berm except where the
perennial garden is.
is that the problem? *not enough mulch?

No matter how deep the mulch weed seeds will blow into it and germinate.

thanks group,
rosie- Hide quoted text -

thanks marie.
i do believe now, that i KNOW where all these damn weeds are blowing
from!
i am going to do a night raid, on my neighbors lawn!