Old 26-08-2008, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Containers for storing apples

Sacha writes

My outlaws had a special apple chest of drawers in one of the sheds. It had
little compartments for each apple to sit in, not touching each other. The
latter is very important.

It's not absolutely critical if you can inspect regularly and remove any
rotten ones before they infect their neighbours. So if you can't find
anything that will keep the apples separate, don't let that discourage
you from keeping them

You can instead wrap them individually in squares of newspaper, but that
makes inspection less easy. I put away about 150lbs of apples each year,
so I go for easy storage and frequent inspection.

--
Kay