Old 26-08-2008, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Containers for storing apples

On Aug 25, 2:54*pm, Chris ] wrote:
Please could you recommend suitable containers for storing apples.

I suppose some kind of stacking baskets would do the trick.

Any recommendations as to what to use and where to get them?
--
Chris

Many years ago, my Dad purpose-built three tiers of shelving in our
attic, made a bit like the inside of a hot press. The apples were
laid out on these shelves delicately, not touching each-other, and
losses were minimal provided marked and bruised apples were kept out.
It worked terrifically well for the apples, even though the
athmosphere was probably a little too dry. However, coming up to
Xmas, what apples were left were wrinkly, but the flavour and
sweetness so condensed us kids used to love them even more!

Cat(h)