Old 26-08-2008, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Not much happening here so ...

.... this was a lichen growing on the horizontal, very exposed sunny wall of
a concrete dam at Alta, Norway. I was pushed for time so gave no though to
scale. The main mass was about 1 - 1/2" diameter.

I've tried to find the type but with no luck, sorry.

There will be more. While everyone else was taking pictures of the lovely
views and each other standing by them I was often on my belly trying to
focus on something low growing.

Most things were low-growing in the Arctic :-)

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
Not much happening here so ...-img_0397-lichen-concrete.jpg