Old 09-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Gary Flynn

Default Keeping critters away - sprinkler motion sensors

Jim Carter wrote:
From time to time I see posts here asking how to keep critters (cats, deer etc)
away from a garden. I was going through a catalogue this morning and found a
device that does exactly that. It is a motion sensor connected to a water
squirter.

I dare say there are several places that carry these things, but one place is

www.leevalley.com .

When you go to the page you will see at the left hand side a place to enter the
item number. Plug in AT610 and you will be taken directly to this item. It
uses 2-3 cups of water per event.

I had good luck with one of these last year for about three
months. Then it quit working. That, unfortunately was the
problem with them. They were on clearance at Lowes here for
only $19.95 and I was at wits end with the deer so I figured
I'd try it. The first one didn't work at all. The second worked
great for about three months. So I purchased two others, one for
my neighbor after he saw how well it kept the deer away and one
for a spare. Both were DOA. The manufacturer's web site listed
them for something like $79.95 which I sure as hell wouldn't pay
that given my experience. If you try 'em, make sure you buy 'em
someplace they can be returned easily. And make sure they have
a decent warranty period too. Might have been the brand. Might
have been the lot. But just thought I'd share my experience.