Old 26-08-2008, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Brown leaf tips :(

"danny22" wrote ...

only real shelter is to the north of the house, in perpetual shade
its not my house or garden and so im not really meant to change
anything. i tried the greenhouse and that just kept being blown away
despite efforts to weigh it down.

i use tap water but we def dont live in a hard water area. i may try
bottled water though, see if it makes a difference!

Bottled water is often hard water which your citrus don't want, rain water
is preferred.

the roots havent become too wet - the flushing isnt for a protracted
period of time and i monitor the soil carefully to ensure it never
dries out completely while making sure it isnt already damp deep down.

I flush mine with every watering/feeding letting any excess water drain
away, so you are doing it right IMO.

i have stopped fertilizing, though i didnt fertilize much anyway but
the white residue on the pot is obviously showing its more than they
needed. i'll just use water for now and see how things go

Citrus are gross feeders so they do need feeding every other watering. I
also use pelleted chicken manure sprinkled on the compost and a dose of
Sequestered Iron every spring just as they go outside.

When you repotted did you use Ericaceous Compost with added grit to aid
drainage?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden