Old 26-08-2008, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Composter

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Pete C" wrote in message
Has anyone here designed and built their own rotating composter? Looked
at commercial ones, but I can't afford a second mortgage!

They are ridiculously expensive aren't they!

My reply is no, but if I were starting again - i.e. without the three or
more bins we have and don't want to be mde redunandant, we probably would.

You know those rotary bins they use (or used to use) for tombola tickets?
One of those could do the job ...

Mary

I've had it suggested to me that the commercial ones don't aerate the
compost well. If that's the case I doubt if a tombola based design would
work.