Old 09-04-2003, 04:20 AM
jammer

Default will the freezing temps kill my plants?

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 22:13:14 -0500, mike wrote:

It has been above freezing for several weeks now and everything is
blooming and leafing out. But tonight it is going to get down to 26.

I have hostas, lots of irises, daylilly, roses, peonies and tons of
other perennials coming out of the ground and leafing back out. I do
not have much to cover my plants and I covered my roses first - what
types of things would be most likely to be killed? Or will it just
kill plants back and force them to come out again?

I was also concerned about my autumn olive which is blooming for the
first time. I assume it will kill the blooms and thus the fruit even
if no serious damage is done to the shrub itself. I hate late
freezes.

Go cover them up.....alll mine are covered for the night.