Old 27-08-2008, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens,sci.misc,alt.nature.mushrooms,rec.birds
Rick Rick is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Another Mystery

On Aug 26, 11:15*am, Jack Schmidling wrote:
My first reaction to seeing this was bird poop.

Upon closer examination, it is the true color of the leaves of this
VERY white clover.

There a few other similar cases in the general area where these are.

I suspect some sort of fungus but would appreciate it if someone could
identify it.

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK:http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silverhttp://schmidling.com

I believe it is a Chimera, i.e. a mixture of tissues of different
genetic make up in the same part of the plant, if I remember correctly
it occurs in legume crops infrequently. There is another condition
that
occurs in alfalfa infected with stem nematode where a pure white leaf
is
produced.