Old 27-08-2008, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default IVY IVY IVY

"Pete C" wrote in message

No.........sorry, I didn't make myself clear. That's the castration bit,
then you need to execute..........tear down as much as poss.

But I wanted the twisted stem!

I do understand that it's getting nutrients and water from somewhere and
don't mind it at all - after I planted it there in the first place.

I only discovered the tortuous truk by cutting off a bit of green here,
another there,oops gone a bit too far in that place, better even it ... a
bit like beard trimming when you end up being bare-faced :-) And decide that
you like it. Trouble is, to keep it (ivy or beard) like that takes
maintenance :-(

Mary