Old 27-08-2008, 06:27 PM
HarveyMushman HarveyMushman is offline
Registered User

Smile A Critter is Eating My Tomatoes - But What Is It?

Hello everybody.

Every evening I close the window and door to my greenhouse after watering up, and every morning when I return, several of the (usually ripened) tomatoes on the lowest stems have been half eaten by some sort of mini-critter with a large appetite and sharp teeth.

Whatever it is seems to be able to reach upto five or six inches high from the compost level in the pot, and can shift several tomato halves in one sitting.

What baffles me is that the greenhouse is sealed. I can see only the tiniest gaps at the base where anything could possibly get in. Whatever it is is certainly not in there during the daytime - I check every day, and the greenhouse is very small.

This has happened every single night now for the past three weeks at least and it's bugging me like crazy now.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Thanks!