Old 27-08-2008, 07:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default oncidium blooms vs phal

Your observation is correct; Oncidiums, in general, do not last nearly as
long as Phals. However, most Oncidium hybrids bloom far more frequently that
Phals. Treat it right, and it will probably give you several flushes a year.

Diana

"Jane" wrote in message
I recently got my first oncidium. It was loaded with buds and seems
to be doing very well. I also have 7 phals also doing great.

Question: should oncidium blooms last as long as phal blooms? Each
phal bloom can last months but the blooms on the oncidium seem to last
a few weeks at best.