Old 27-08-2008, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hibiscus syracus

Whilst visiting my wife's elderly Aunt I noticed some different/larger
leaves around the base of the old Hibiscus syracus in her front garden. It's
flowers are white with a red centre (I have it myself having taken a cutting
some years back).
These small plants, self sown seedlings from the old plant, have now
flowered and are obviously crossed with the reddish one she has in the back
garden. One is a very large flowered single pure pink with a red centre,
guess who is going to dig that up come winter. :-)
I've collected the seeds before but never got them to germinate yet these
are self sown, typical!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden