Old 28-08-2008, 05:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default organic garden spray

"David Hare-Scott" writes:
"John Savage" wrote in message
m...
Of course, a purist would make their own spray by crushing a handful
of the grubs, letting them marinate in their own juices for 3 or 4
days, then mascerating with water, filtering, and spraying over the
remaining plants. Let us know how it all works out. :-)

--

I fear this kind of spray appeals to the principles of sympathetic magic or
the assumption that an organism must be revolted by the juices of their

Let me allay your fears. No magic is involved, neither any self-loathing.

Its efficacy is based on breeding high numbers of any bacteria or parasite
that accompanies the pest species. A spray containing the parasite is in
turn applied to infect and hopefully overwhelm the pests on the plants.

The extent to which practice follows theory resides in the lap of the gods.