Old 28-08-2008, 05:20 PM
HarveyMushman HarveyMushman is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply - sorry I didn't get your name.

The greenhouse has been there for 30 years or more and is c. 5' x 6'. Just big enough for one man to stand and about eight tomato plants. I have checked and re-checked and apart from there being nowhere for an animal to hide, I simply cannot find anything but the tiniest of gaps around the base and none anywhere else.

I have measured the distance from the compost to the very top of the highest tomato which has been chewed (almost stripped, in fact), right upto the stem. It is just over six inches - which means that fully stretched on its hind legs this thing must be big - that is only to its teeth, of course.

And yet it comes every night without fail. I have started leaving bread and peanut butter out for it, and that all disappears. He still has a tomato or two as a snack, but not as many as before. I have absolutely no idea how this thing is getting in and out.

Tonight I intend to set a humane trap baited with the bread and peanut.

I'll see what happens and let you know.

Thanks again.

By the way, how do you access your own articles again once you've posted them?

I can't figure it out and it took me ages last time just to check if anyone had replied.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers.