Old 28-08-2008, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default IVY IVY IVY

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Come to think of it, we had one which I planted at the corner of the house.
I took it down years later when it was working its way under the roof tiles
despite my giving it an annual haircut. Everything was pulled off the brick
walls and then Spouse dug down and pulled up as much root as he could then
concreted the hole. It hasn't shown any sign of returning yet and that must
be at least three years ago.

Am I tempting fate though ... ?

Have you checked the cavity?

--