Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Pineapple?

Dwayne wrote: =

Then she puts it in a pot. We have one in about a 2 gallon pot now tha=

t is
about 6 years old. It has never had fruit, but the way to get it to
produce, when it is mature, is to put an apple or two in the pot, and c=

over
the whole thing with clear plastic. The apple apparently puts off some=

gas
that starts the pineapple bearing. We have seen pineapple plants for s=

ale
in a grocery store that had little pineapples on them.

I believe apple produces ethelyne gas and that triggers the
inflorescence.
Enjoy, Dwayne

=

"JNJ" wrote in message
I was watching a gardening show on DIY yesterday and they had a segme=

nt
James

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP