Old 29-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post

Cornus kousa is one of the most delicious things in my garden, and you can grow that in the ornamental area of your garden.

As a quince grower, I've always been intrigued by pseudocydonia sinensis, which is said to be edible raw.
Hello again, as you have had some experience with the Cornus genus, I was hoping that you could tell me how the Japanese Dogwood, Cornus kousa
compares with the Cornelian cherry, Cornus mas in terms of hardiness, how easy to grow, fruit size and weight of crop produced per plant, and also the flavour of course.

I will also try Quinces, when I can find a suitable donor of scions to graft on
whatever suitable happens to be handy at the time.