Old 29-08-2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Re-using Container Soil

Chris wrote:

On Aug 27, 9:54 pm, "Ed" wrote:

We have a lot of planters, containers, and large pots full of annuals. Would
like to re-use the potting mix. Any input would be most appreciated.
--
Captain Ed

I toss it into the compost for a year. While it's depleted of
nutrients, the texture is still superb, and I wouldn't waste that.

Chris

I usually compose my container's soil at the end of the season (late
October). I make sure that it is well mixed with anything else in the
compositor. By spring it is ready to use again.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL