Old 28-08-2008, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Shipova Pear

"Tim Perry" wrote in message

Yes, Mary, you are right about having to wait a long time for the
Mulberries to come into full crop.
Bob, you are also right about the gages, although I chose Oullins
Golden Gage as a preference.
As you might have guessed, I just enjoy growing trees, and have planted
hundreds since I bought this farm.

I am also growing from seed;-

Pawpaw, Asimina triloba.
Loquats, Eriobotrya japonica.
Pitanga, otherwise known as Surniam Cherry.

I have a loquat tree in my garden, it produced one (1) fruit last year after
18 years of planting from a seed brought from Portugal, but life is
difficult here in U.K., fruit-wise. We cut the little fruit in half and we
each had a half :-)

I also have about six Surinam cherry trees (Eugenia uniflora) here in N.
Wilts, which I grew from seed. I don't think I can sustain them since I
only have a small greenhouse and they're getting bigger, so I am hoping to
find a botanic garden that will take them on, maybe Ventnor.

Also I have several nice small Dovyalis caffra trees grown from seed, they
produce lovely fruit if you have the right climate.

someone