Old 29-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone View Post

I have a loquat tree in my garden, it produced one (1) fruit last year after
18 years of planting from a seed brought from Portugal, but life is
difficult here in U.K., fruit-wise. We cut the little fruit in half and we
each had a half :-)

I also have about six Surinam cherry trees (Eugenia uniflora) here in N.
Wilts, which I grew from seed. I don't think I can sustain them since I
only have a small greenhouse and they're getting bigger, so I am hoping to
find a botanic garden that will take them on, maybe Ventnor.
Hi someone, thanks for the info, seems from the general consensus that my
Surniam cherries will have a hard time, Oh well, win some, lose some.

But you did say your Loquat had a fruit, did it have many flowers, I do not expect much from it, but given some flowers I can collect the pollen, which is what I am after for something else I want to try.