Old 29-08-2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Can anyone identify this tree?

John Willis wrote in

oups.com:

Hello, I'm a new member of this group and I wonder if
anyone can identify a tree which I inherited when we took
over our garden 11 years ago. It looked as if it had been
there quite a while then, so I would guess that it's at
least 15 years old, maybe considerably more.

Its about 15 feet high, flowers in early May, but produces
no obvious seeds - no pods, fruits or berries. I've placed
some photos on
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Treyarnon/UnknownTree.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

looks like bush honeysuckle. it's an invasive species over on
this side of the pond, in NH (my house came with several, but
i cut most of them down). the flowers can be either pink or
yellow/cream & it has red berries that my chickens & the
robins love. they can get pretty large if not pruned. the one
by my tool shed was almost 20'. it was cut down when we
reroofed the shed.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair