Old 29-08-2008, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Dead Buddleia

"Cat(h)" writes

I didn't know you could kill those things. You have my condolences.
I chopped the lard out of mine last spring, down to about a foot,
because it was getting a bit out of hand.
It is now around 6ft tall with lovely deep purple flowers. I love it.
I saw a yellow one the other day. It is just wrong. Those plants
were *never* meant to be yellow. Never mind have ball-shaped flower
clusters!

Buddleja globosa has bright orange ball shaped flowers. It's a genuine
species, not a hybrid.
--
Kay