Old 29-08-2008, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Jungle warfare; crazy weather

On 29/8/08 16:57, in article
, "Des
Higgins" wrote:

On Aug 29, 3:40 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 29/8/08 11:14, in article
, "Judith in

France" wrote:
On Aug 29, 11:02 am, Des Higgins wrote:

snip

On the other hand, my tomatoes in greenhouse have been really really
late to ripen. The sungold (orange cherry type) were a month late and
my beefsteak ones are only just barely ripening now.- Hide quoted text -

I'm glad to hear that about your tomatoes Des, I was beginning to
think I was the only one in that situation. The only tomatoes that
are ready to eat are the tiny cherry ones, Tom Thumb?

Judith

This is bizarre. Ours are beginning to come to an end - what a strangely
convoluted sentence that is! But they're in a greenhouse which is warmer
than the others.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Our weather for the past 3 days has been warmer than it has been for
almost the entire Summer.

Same here. It was actually hot and sunny yesterday and part of today. But
it's quite close.