Old 30-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post

....... but we do get a decent crop of flowers and fruit from our Loquat. In SE London on heavy clay (but a fairly well-drained hilly site) it flowers in autumn, sets fruit and holds it until spring, then generally gives up its crop around July time.

Perry is the perfect name for a grower of pears..........

Spider
Thanks Spider, I knew I'd seen then 'daan saaf' when I was a kid, I was sure I
didn't imagine it. Nan used to tell us they were poison 'cos she didn't want us
half inching them.

Blast, dunnow if they do grow up here in Narfik, but they got 2 choices.

You are on the ball with the surname, family originated from Somerset, and
used to make Perry, but that was back in the middle ages.

Shipova fruit, I am told, is plum sized, red, and has good flavour... we shall see.