Old 30-08-2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

You're right. Organic pesticides are indeed snake oil and just as
useless. I bought the mix for summer spray. It's called Organicide. It's
made mainly from fish oil and smells bad. The WF and SM don't mind the
oil at all, even when drenched in it. It has no effect on them.

You have clearly worked very hard for many years breeding generation after
generation of hardy and spray resistant insects in your garden.

You have clearly decided you know what happened on this property rather than
accept the painful truth. This is the first year these pests have been seen
in my and my neighbors gardens. No one sprayed anthing here other than
organic bacterial worm killers on the collards. That's just too painful for
you to accept isn't it? It rips your guts out and bursts you organic is
magic bubble.

In that
situation the more simple remedies that work for the rest of us clealry
won't work for you. You'll just have to put up with your problems.

So the Organic Dipel dust did all this damage.... my, my!

I find that simple home made oil spray using kitchen oil kills what I need
it to, but then I don't want to have a resistant population of pests. If
your insects can breathe through a coating of oil, then yours have clearly
developed a snorkel breathing apparatus.

And all from that Organic Dipel Dust on the collards..... gotcha!