Old 30-08-2008, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"R M. Watkin" wrote in message
Hi All,

Sorry for the top post, Idid not want to wade through this long post. You
will find that a lot of products have been taken off the market, for one
reason or another. Mainly for supposed bad effects. I think you will find
that it wiil get worse. I surgest you find something that you can make or
mix yourself. Hope this helps you.

It doesn't matter since from what I've read most of the chemical
insecticides don't work any better than the organic pesticides out there.
The only one I ever found to work is the Dipel dust on the collards. The
pests today have good immunity to most pesticides because of all the
chemical spraying by farmers and nurserymen over the years. This problem
started back over 30 or 40 years ago. Crops were drenched in pesticides. I
well remember the planes flying over the potato crops spraying pesticides
and fungicides that made us cough and choke. Now this is the fallout. I was
sure the oils would work and was really surprised when they did not. Those
here who so smugly brag they're gardens aren't bothered by pests will one
day go outside like I did, and see pests that they've never seen before in
their gardens. Until this year we never had insect or diseases in our
gardens either.