Old 30-08-2008, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Tree trimming question

I have a tall (~60 feet) fir tree next to my house. It has grown to the
point where the branches are starting to touch the side of the house, even
though the base of the tree is ~10 feet from the house. What is the best way
to trim the branches - remove them at the trunk, or just cut them enough so
they are no longer near the house? If I start removing branches that grow
enough to touch the house, eventually I will have chopped off most of the
branches on that side of the tree. I'm thinking I should just cut them off
so they are not too close to the house.