Old 30-08-2008, 10:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Steve Young Steve Young is offline

Default Marie

"zxcvbob" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote

"paghat" wrote

In short, organic gardening is gardening on the cheap! Non-organic
methods feed into themselves -- expense builds on expense.

LOL!!!! Those products are cheap? Now I know you're dreaming
or have stock in one of the Co's that produce this stuff!
A measly 4 lb bag of Kelp Meal was $17.99, say $18.00
or almost $130 to do my gardens. And that's just for the Kelp
Meal........ you must live in lala land or are very wealthy.

You use the products incorrectly and you insist on buying the most
expensive (organically certified).

You can stop the justifications. This was the only Kelp Meal to be found
and I must have made 20 phone calls.

And here I thought you were looking for greensand
When did this idea of kelp jump up? The counter boy said it was good?

Are you going to tell me I can buy, and pay shipping besides, for less
than that?

Who said anything about shipping? I thought one of Eric's employees might
deliver it. Did you talk with him in your 20 calls? How about Dickenson's?

There's nothing on the bag that says it's certified by any org. It's
Espoma brand. Already you're accusing us of using it incorrectly and the
bag hasn't even been opened yet! LOL!!!

The only thing I've accused you of is wanting to spend too much money, then
whine and cry about your bad decisions like it's our fault.

Funnier yet,... you're accusing the co that makes it of giving the buyer
the WRONG advice. Yoo Hoooo... try reading the bag.

I usually gather technical information from less biased sources

I buy kelp at a feed mill for under $1 a pound. I
garden 3 times the space you do and my annual sack cost is under $100.
What is it that I'm doing wrong?

So you think I have access to your feed mill? There are no feed mills,
as such, where I live.

100 feet out your front door, or a 30 mile radius? I'd prolly prove you
wrong but I've stopped wasting my time doing your research. Have you
called Eric yet? or Dickenson's?

The last feed mill now supplies the yuppies in the new subdivisions with
fertilizers and weed killers, lawn mowers and flea spray for their dogs.
Why are you assuming everyone has access to what YOU have?

Why are you such a fricken ass whiner / crybaby?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Kelp meal? WTF?

Isn't the Dodger a trip? She just blows with the wind. She'll drive 30
miles to buy what the counter boy suggests, she overspends, comes up short
and can't otherwise afford to step foot out the door. And it's all the
yuppies fault mind you. No, no, methinks it's too many years ingesting the
'mine tailings' she calls gardening

Steve Young