Old 30-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post

What no little Mirabelles? (make amazing jam)
No Greengage either. (much nicer to eat than plums)
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Back to the Loquat issue, they are said to be hardy down to -15 C,
and the flowers to -7 C, so there should be more people growing
them successfully, but they are only partially self-fertile and would
benefit from another grown close by. Perhaps this is why so few
growers get fruit.