Old 30-08-2008, 07:36 PM
shaz shaz is offline
Registered User

Location: Dawlish
Default Winter advice please

We are rather inexperienced gardeners, can anyone please suggest some either bedding or perennial plants that will give us some winter colour. Also we have an area down the side of the garden that is in partial shade and tends to be rather dry, what sort of plants (preferably perennial) would like these conditions. A mixture of short and taller plants would be nice. There are mature trees present, are these pssibly kiiling stuff off, a lot of what we put in struggles to survive. Hydrangeas seem OK We live n Soth Devon, so the weather s not too harsh