Old 30-08-2008, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Shipova Pear

On 30/8/08 12:16, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

In article ,
says...
On 30/8/08 09:22, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| No ones wisterias down here had a good year this year after the heavy
| frosts at the start of April, if we have a more normal season next then
| I am sure it will get started, they tend to get better and better :~)

It wasn't a problem here - they hadn't woken up by then :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Our wisteria 'tree' flowered very well but the ones we saw elsewhere on
walls etc. were quite sulky.
http://i35.tinypic.com/kd304n.jpg
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

As Nick implied to far ahead, your free standing one would have been
later, it only seems to effect the growths once they reach a certain
size, but it was a sad sight this year.

I suppose that's it. We took down the one that was on the house wall last
year. It was never a good 'doer' and when it did flower fairly well it was
at the same time as the leaves and so the flowers were pretty much lost.
However, we have one that climbs a tree and flowers right at the top. We
never touch it because we can't get to it and that did very well this year.
But then it had protection from the tree, which would account for that!
We're so pleased with our wisteria tree that we've planted two more to make
a grouping.