Old 30-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post

I agree with growing unusual things..........
How about this one I saw offered yesterday,

Sorbocrataegus 'Ivan's Belle'
"An unusual hybrid between mountain ash and a hawthorn made by the Russian plant breeder Ivan Michurin. The foliage is similar to the mountain
ash and turns reddish in autumn. The wine red berries are the size of small
cherries and are excellent for juice, preserves and sauces. Grafted onto
Sorbus aria rootstock."

I also looked for a Worcestershire Black Pear, a cooking variety, but the price
I was asked was ridiculous, so I'll wait until someone is pruning theirs and
beg some scions.