Old 30-08-2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Organic Buying spree.............

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Hasta-gro is a liquid concentrate. It's supposed to be pretty
economical?

Have you figured out the cost for a 1,500 sq. ft. garden? Nothing
economical about it. Humic acid is provided by the free compost we
add
every year. The fish emulsion is supposed to supply micronutrients.

I'm still just using the old composted soil from where the chicken and
emu yards used to be, but your garden is bigger than mine. g

I know what you mean. That's some GOOD stuff. When I kept dairy goats and
chickens I always had several piles of manure in different stages of
composting and no close neighbors to complain. Steam would be coming off
them on cold days. :-)

lol Seen that too!

I can still shovel emu turds for composting even tho' I just have the
one pet bird now...

but emu turds are BIG.

Pauli weighs around 130 lbs. g

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/KathyApollo2.jpg

Oh, my neighbors had some of these large birds. :-) After about 5 years
they sold them. They were popular here about 10 to 15 years ago.

I got mine when the market dropped.

I did not pay 10K per bird. g
--
Peace! Om

"Crime does not pay as well as Politics".
-- Anon.