Old 30-08-2008, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Jungle warfare; crazy weather

The message
from Jennifer Sparkes contains these words:
The message
from AriesVal contains these words:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:31:17 +0100, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from AriesVal contains these words:

One little question Jennifer. Is the vinegar in the above recipe malt
vinegar, spiced vinegar, or white vinegar? Or perhaps it doesn't
matter
which?

I think Malt - my Mother was economic with words when it
came to recipes! I think she just knew them ...

I will ask my sister when I see her today.

Jennifer

Thanks

Rosie agrees - as far as she can remember it was malt vinegar.

Good Luck

Good. Spirit vinegar is naff. If you need spiced vinegar, always buy
pickling (malt) vinegar to make it from: ordinary malt vinegar isn't so
strong, and pickles can go 'off' if condiment-strength is used.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig