Old 31-08-2008, 06:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Pepper saga.......... Plants were checked.

In article ,
jellybean stonerfish wrote:

Now, about the wasps. My job is construction. Many times, when

You really need to tell people to
try it on insects not dangerous to themselves before recommending they
toss it on wasps. When it fails to kill the wasps as it did the WF and
SMs, and the person is stung, they can go into shock and die.

Be afraid, be very afraid.....

Some wasps are pollinators, aren't they? You kind of have to stay away
from certain plants at certain times of the day. Black-eyed peas are a
good example. Ours are always full of wasps in the morning. Gosh I
hate getting stung by a wasp. It's an awful feeling unlike anything
else. I have often accidentally reached for a bumblebee when picking
blackberries but at least they start to rumble and buzz as you reach out
to touch them. None have yet stung me. They are amazingly soft to the
touch... lol. My husband ran over a wasp nest with the tractor and they
stung the hell out him. The kind that nests in the ground is rather
vicious.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot