Old 31-08-2008, 06:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hydrangea

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 08:36:44 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 00:46:39 -0400, Stephen Henning
wrote:

Sheila wrote:

Does it really live up to blooming all summer or is that just hype?

Almost. It first blooms on old wood and then blooms on new wood. There
is a gap where it is between old and new wood. Mine do well here in
Zone 6. I have heard some complaints from colder zones. Endless Summer
is a brand name and not a variety, since they have an entire series of
Endless Summer hydrangeas.

Thanks for the distinction. What color do you have? The only
hydrangeas which truly do well here are oak leaf hydrangeas which are
native.
http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Security is not what I have, it's what I can do without,,,

My Hydrangea has been blooming sine May. I persuaded my sister to
give me the "hot house" hydrangea, since I know she would eventually
kill it. It grew from a potted plant to one 4 feet wide, 4 feet high.
Before freezing weather, I wrap it up in chicken wire and fill with
leaves until the last spring frost date. In zone 7.