Old 31-08-2008, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

"Granity" wrote in message

Last night I checked today's forecast for my area, it was: Sunny
intervals up until early evening then heavy rain and thunderstorms. I
woke up this morning to thick fog and it's now raining. This means that
last nights forecast was 100% wrong, in fact I can't remember when we
last had a reasonably correct forecast in the last few months but I
suppose there must have been some.
While I appreciate it's a difficult art surely they, with all the super
computers etc they have, they could do better than this.

Does it really matter?

Well, it might to weather geeks* but not to ordinary humanity, we'll
continue no matter what. If we live in sensitive areas we know the signs to
look out for, surely?

Life's too short and, as Jerome Klapka Jerome said, "They're not always
wrong".

Mary

*We once spent a 'holiday' with such a geek, he was very upset because all
his detailed charts showed that it should be raining in Bournemouth and it
wasn't.