Old 31-08-2008, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

In article ,
Martin writes:
| |
| | AFAIR, there was only two British Atlantic Ocean weather ships out of the four
| | European ships permanently stationed in the Atlantic.
| |
| | See I J and K M http://www.whoi.edu/oceanus/viewImag...=4698&aid=2343
|
| Ah. Possibly fading memory. But possibly I merely misunderstood my
| source.
|
| I can only remember I J and K being on the charts.

They would have been the only ones of any use at all in forecasting
for this country, and I and K would have been VERY marginal, at best.
The others would have been used for warning aircraft (which flew
lower then) when to take a different route.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.