Old 31-08-2008, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

The message
from Alan contains these words:

I find that I can often predict the weather in the next 12 hours myself
by looking at animated satellite images.

When I was a schoolboy in the '50s, I found a sort-of circular
slide-rule which had belonged to my father (d. 1940). It was a 'freebie'
given away with the Daily Telegraph.

You entered (as I remember):

Season (or month?);
Prevailing weather conditions;
Direction of wind;
Temperature;
And probably more...

I never knew it to be wrong: indeed, I earned a small income by
predicting that the weather forecast was wrong, and what the weather
would *REALLY* be.

One coup was betting one of the physics teachers half-a-crown I could
outforecast the official forecast for a week. He paid up.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig