Old 31-08-2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hydrangea

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:48:02 GMT, "PAT" wrote:

The hydrangea is about 10yrs old. This is the first year it hasn't bloomed
at all. I never cut it down or prune it. Should I have?

Pat

Probably not. Hydrangeas bloom on old growth so I just prune a stray
branch or two to even up the symmetry. Sometimes plants may take a
year of resting from bloom, and often results in more intense blooming
the following year.